Bible World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is for all those Bible people. Various softwares for bible (Logos, PC Study Bible etc.)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Windows 7 and Logos

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Windows 7 and Logos Empty
PostSubject: Windows 7 and Logos   Windows 7 and Logos EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 2:09 pm

Last edited by Allfaith on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Biblereader

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 and Logos   Windows 7 and Logos EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:27 pm

Greetings.

I'm new to the forum and I'm looking for help with Windows 7 as well.

I first installed version f of the Lib.. prog. It would start OK but would eventuall hang and stop working. I was wondering if it was because of the large amount of books in my library (currently in excess of 8,000). I re-installed version g which was reported to have fixed problems with Win 7, but still the same results.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
joejobber

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 and Logos   Windows 7 and Logos EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 8:06 pm

Hello. I haven't had any luck either. It works but it locks up. I have been following the thread at

http://tehparadox.com/forum/f58/libronix-3-0e-complete-license-file-463156/

But the activity has died down on updating. I continue to search. please update this thread if you find out anything.

Thanks and blessings.
Back to top Go down
Biblereader

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 and Logos   Windows 7 and Logos EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 10:49 pm

Thank you for your interest and the link.

I was aware of this link and have read all seven pages. But, still no help for the problem.

I am just experimenting with the last three versions I have - e, f and g to see if there is any difference and also by reducing the number of books in my library "Resources" path to see if I can at least get the program to stay running.

I'll post here if I get any further info or have success with anything.

All the best.
Back to top Go down
Biblereader

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 and Logos   Windows 7 and Logos EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 2:22 pm

Hi to joejobber

Didn't think I would get back so soon.

I have successfully installed version 'e' and it appears to be working OK and loading all library books in WIN 7.

Try this -

Backup any license you may have on any installation whether WINXP or WIN7 and put the backup license file where you can find it.

Un-install any L***** files from the WIN 7 machine.

Install version 'e' of the software.

Run the following command from the command prompt - reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions /va /f

Open the program and choose restore license and select your backup license file.

This should open function OK and all of your books should be ready to use.

Let me know if it works.

I don't really know what differences or improvements there are in versions 'f' and 'g' but version 'e' seems to do evertyhing I need.

All the best.
Back to top Go down
joejobber

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 and Logos   Windows 7 and Logos EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 8:08 pm

biblereader - that is great news. I will give it a go tomorrow when I have more time. Any idea what the disabledsessions is or does?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 and Logos   Windows 7 and Logos Empty

Back to top Go down

Windows 7 and Logos
Page 1 of 1