Bible World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is for all those Bible people. Various softwares for bible (Logos, PC Study Bible etc.)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Words**rch - party over folks...

Go down 
+2
michaellrd
Noman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Noman

Words**rch - party over folks... Empty
PostSubject: Words**rch - party over folks...   Words**rch - party over folks... EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 8:15 am

WS 7 now requires an update. The inter-program catalog is no longer being pushed out, so you have to go to their website now and use the normal shopping cart to buy any books. In other words, now you have to "pay before you play". The party's over Sad
Back to top Go down
michaellrd

PostSubject: Re: Words**rch - party over folks...   Words**rch - party over folks... EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 9:21 am

I know, such a bad news Sad Sad the only way now will be if someone posts the books that bought.

still Noman, the old catalog system is working but only for the old resources. How does the software d/l the books? What is the web or ftp site? all this is hidden in W/S
Back to top Go down
savedone

PostSubject: Re: Words**rch - party over folks...   Words**rch - party over folks... EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 4:37 pm

Undoubtedly the WS related posts in the other forum were brought to the attention of WS staff. The timing is just too much to be coincidence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Words**rch - party over folks...   Words**rch - party over folks... EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:13 pm

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited by Allfaith on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
michaellrd

PostSubject: Re: Words**rch - party over folks...   Words**rch - party over folks... EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 11:55 am

hey guys

Is there any software that shows you the hidden ftp that some programs are accessing? For example, a software that shows the web addresses that WS targets or the IP when conects with the server. The thing is that the updating of books is still working. So, in some way WS access a certain ftp to download the updates and I would like to know what place is that….
Back to top Go down
griffin_wk

PostSubject: Re: Words**rch - party over folks...   Words**rch - party over folks... EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 12:22 pm

Last edited by griffin_wk on Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Words**rch - party over folks...   Words**rch - party over folks... EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 1:40 pm

[<Deleted>

Last edited by brochris on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
michaellrd

PostSubject: Re: Words**rch - party over folks...   Words**rch - party over folks... EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 3:28 pm

griffin_wk wrote:
michaellrd wrote:
hey guys

Is there any software that shows you the hidden ftp that some programs are accessing? For example, a software that shows the web addresses that WS targets or the IP when conects with the server. The thing is that the updating of books is still working. So, in some way WS access a certain ftp to download the updates and I would like to know what place is that….

Server is here -- ftp://ftp.wordsearchbible.com/

But you need username and password. There are ways to hack in, but I would not advise it.

ok, but when I update from the catalog I dont use any ID/pass so I wonder how the computer goes into the server without an ID/pass. There most be some info into W/S to get into the ftp server without the ID/password...
Back to top Go down
savedone

PostSubject: Re: Words**rch - party over folks...   Words**rch - party over folks... EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 6:18 pm

Of course, if they can't be unlocked then what good are book files anyway ;(
Back to top Go down
michaellrd

PostSubject: Re: Words**rch - party over folks...   Words**rch - party over folks... EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 8:49 pm

Well, that's the second part. let me get the books first... Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Words**rch - party over folks...   Words**rch - party over folks... EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 8:31 am

Question

Last edited by h2oil on Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hmm)
Back to top Go down
Noman

PostSubject: Re: Words**rch - party over folks...   Words**rch - party over folks... EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 11:03 am

h2oil, I was thinking along those same lines last night...

Yesterday I loaded a traffic sniffer and watched what happened during a bookload. h2oil is correct.. there is no ftp transaction. Its all done by http. I loaded up the xml file that WS downloaded and did some quick replace functions to create a list of a few thousand links. I loaded those up in Orbit and let it run all night. The result was a folder around 7.5 gigs of zips. Although most were books I already had, I was thrilled to see that many were new. Strangely though, many of the links (over 130 or so) were invalid.

On a side note, can anyone share with me the method for un-expiring books in L*g*s?

Noman

h2oil wrote:
Let me share what i know...maybe somebody will improve on that... Rolling Eyes

whenever i'm downloading from wordsearch 7 and there is a connection problem, i get a connection error and a file download error....try it...disable your connection while it downloads a file....what site does it download from???

i get this: http://www.crossbooks.net/downloads/books/0-170.zip

after downloading this particular zip file, i can extract it to a created folder in the library of wordsearch as per the specification of the install.ini file in the zip file.

this particular file refers to the book2 of bible illustrations from sermon helps.

if i try to connect to the site through my browser, i get this message : Directory Listing Denied. This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

if i change the link to ..../0-171.zip , book 3 of bible illustrations will be downloaded and so forth...

ok, can these info be valuable to anyone? Question
Back to top Go down
griffin_wk

PostSubject: Re: Words**rch - party over folks...   Words**rch - party over folks... EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 1:15 pm

Last edited by griffin_wk on Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cjc

PostSubject: Re: Words**rch - party over folks...   Words**rch - party over folks... EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 5:53 pm

Last edited by cjc on Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
michaellrd

PostSubject: Re: Words**rch - party over folks...   Words**rch - party over folks... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 7:10 am

I guess many of you WS guys are busy with the new (84 vol) toy. That was great! bounce Have any of you advance in the WS d/l of new books?...

Belssings to you all... cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Words**rch - party over folks...   Words**rch - party over folks... Empty

Back to top Go down

Words**rch - party over folks...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bible World :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: